Accent releases Varasset version 5.6
(Vancouver, WA): Accent, a Northwest IT firm specializing in utilities, released version 5.6 of its highly successful Varasset software platform.
Varasset is used by power and communications companies across the US for asset management, work management and utility pole attachment joint use. Varasset’s highly configurable architecture easily accommodates each utility’s unique workflows.
Here are a few highlights from the latest release:
• Improved performance and scalability through the change to a 64-bit architecture.
• Data Importer allows users to quickly edit large amounts of data through the new export/re-import functionality, using XML or Excel.
• In Varasset XAM, we’ve added Compatible Unit & Estimating functionality, to estimate resources (materials, services, tools, workers) and time needed to complete work.
o Set up standard design units (compatible units) for resources
o Arrange compatible units in a hierarchy
o Define work, material, and accounting filters that alter the resources and time needed to complete defined work
o Use specific contract pricing during estimation
o Define overhead costs of estimated work
o Create multiple versions of an estimate, representing alternative scenarios
• In Ticket Manager, you can now quickly set up standard, repeatable Ticketing processes through new templating functionality
o Ability to create and use Ticket & Activity Templates, and create a Ticket directly from the Ticket Template
o Ability to apply a Ticket Template to an existing Ticket
Varasset’s core functionality includes:
• Asset management
• Work management
• Mobile work / inspections
• Integrated Esri mapping